The regulatory requirements imposed on companies are becoming increasingly complex and the relevant authorities are now taking a much harder line on enforcing strict compliance with rules and regulations. CHSH’s Compliance & Internal Investigations Practice Group provides support to companies and their corporate bodies in both Austria and CEE with a view to minimizing the risk they face from compliance violations by implementing compliance management systems or, where compliance violations have already been committed, by dealing with such situations in the best possible way.
CHSH is one of the leading law firms in the field of Compliance & Internal Investigations. Our compliance experts have many years’ experience advising Austrian and international clients in connection with planning and implementing tailor-made compliance programmes, supporting companies during dawn raids and conducting necessary internal investigations. At the same time, as proven experts in their field they cover, together with their teams, the most relevant areas of substantive law (antitrust, criminal law, data protection law and capital market compliance) and coordinate the work undertaken by attorneys specialised in other areas of law within our firm.
Our CEE presence allows us to be a one-stop shop when providing support to our international clients.
The outstanding expertise of our legal practitioners in the relevant fields is confirmed time and again by our inclusion in international law firm rankings (Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, JUVE, Global Competition Review).
Areas of expertise:
- Designing and implementing tailor-made compliance management systems
- Preparing compliance handbooks for individual areas of law
- Training programmes for management and employees
- Designing online tests and e-learning tools
- Preparing and implementing document retention policies
- Assessing and developing existing compliance programmes
- Providing advice in connection with dawn raids
- Advising clients on all aspects surrounding capital market compliance
- Advising on internal investigations, especially with regard to criminal and antitrust law
- Representing and advising clients before supervisory and investigative authorities